Energy Storage, specifically Electrical Energy Storage is recognised as a key enabling technology in the realisation of future electricity networks. Decreasing technology costs, improving asset life, new commercial markets and changes to balancing mechanisms have significantly increased the number of new installations directly to transmission networks, distribution networks or behind the meter on a customer’s network.
The market and business case is still evolving and is still considered complex, UBGC and its associates can provide support for developers, including:
- Connection advice (see Connecting Distributed Generation)
- Running a competitive Procurement exercise
- Technology assessment for different applications
- Revenue stacking (How to maximise the value from installing energy storage by accessing the maximum number of complementary revenue sources)
- Sizing inverter and storage (MW and MWh)
- Integration into an existing networks and systems